Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Jr. Mrs. Frankelstein

Wow its been a while. Its so annoying, i always mean to post but just things come in the way, whether its מורשת or just stuff, but then you have the days that i am bored out of my mind and the computers are unaccessable.... nice word...

you know it is vey hard to teach english. like not teach but tutor. For example...

Mike and Ron (play, plays) computer games.

Now for a kid in 6th grade who is learning this new language, for the past 2 yrs they have been telling him that plural is with an "s" at the end. now פיתום things change. so he answers that it shoulb plays because it is two people. and i tell him no, its play. why he askes.... אההההה donno. so what do i do, call my pop and he explains to me that for nouns an "s" at the end is plural but for a verb an "s" at the end is singular.
"s" בקיצור אני אומרת לו שלשם עצם ברבים ולפועל ביחיד יש בסוף
go figure!!!!

and only after a few תרגילים was i able to explain to them when you use is, are, and am. meaning... ex.

1. I_____ living in Israel (am, is, are)
2. We ____ going shopping. (am, is, are)
3. He ____ having fun. (am, is, are)

So I know the answers but only after a little was i able to explain that 'am' is when talking about 'I', and 'is' is when talking about singular someone else, and 'are' is plural someone else. I think it is a good explination. meaning

I am living in Israel.
We are going shopping.
He is having fun.

maybe I should become an english teacher. yah right. I like hate english... Its so hard!!!

1 comment:

Sammy said...

pitom is with an alef...
=)
hi! I called some one today and while the phone was ringing I was talking to my room mate in hebrew and then when the person picked up I switched to "english" and asked them if their "mAther" was there. It was really really weird/stupid? underline the correct word (=

Oh, I also met a girl today and the only hebrew word she knew was "mafriah"... it was a little funny, because every time someone used the word, she would shriek... I know what that means!!!!!! and I thought... oy!

You home for Sukkot? I forgot... But Devorah (Dorian) is going to be at my house and you should meet her and I met someone who was really good friends with Shani (but then she made aliyah so...) go figure ;)